The world of greenhouse gardening is taking off in a whole new way.
While commercial structures have spent decades producing the food we eat, backyard greenhouses were often about aesthetics – lacking the strength and durability to grow year-round.
But now, the times have changed.
Countless greenhouse brands are popping up across North America, offering proven promises of healthier plants and extended growing seasons. The best part is – they’re created for backyard gardeners.
Navigating this new world of growing can be overwhelming. So many passionate gardeners are wondering – what’s the difference between growing outdoors? How do I know if a greenhouse is a suitable choice for me?
Today, we wanted to answer all of your pressing questions and outline what we believe to be the 5 key benefits of gardening with a greenhouse.
In this article, you will learn how a greenhouse will allow you to:
- Extend Your Growing Season
- Keep Your Plants Safe From Outside Weather
- Experiment With a Wide Variety of Plants
- Protect Your Garden From Pests
- Enjoy Healthier Plants And a Higher Yield
1. Extend Your Growing Season
Say hello to longer planting seasons with a high-quality backyard greenhouse.
When searching for the perfect 3 or 4-season greenhouse, it’s essential to consider how well it will stay insulated. By having a heavy-duty, air-tight structure, you will be able to:
- Prevent cold air from entering
- Keep soil temperatures warmer
- Start planting earlier in the season
- Extend the growing season into winter
In particular, polycarbonate greenhouses are heat-capturing machines. Without added heat, the cozy, protected environment enables fruits, vegetables, and flowers to continue flourishing long after the season's first frost.
2. Keep Your Plants Safe From Outside Weather
Even the best-kept outdoor gardens can suffer serious damage from bad weather. Thunderstorms, gusty winds, heavy snowfall, and cold snaps all have the potential to destroy your hard work.
A greenhouse, however, will safeguard your plants from these unpredictable elements.
Whether you live in an area with severe weather or fluctuating temperatures – a backyard greenhouse is an excellent solution for gardeners craving safety and stability for their plants.
The enclosed environment acts as a shield, offering much more protection and predictability than an outdoor growing space. Without the added stress of extreme temperature changes and erratic weather, your plants will be given an opportunity to truly thrive.
3. Experiment With a Wide Variety of Plants
Do you long to grow juicy tomatoes or hot peppers but live in a climate that doesn’t support that type of plant growth?
While the USDA Plant Hardiness Zones map is a massive help for outdoor gardeners and indoor growers alike – a greenhouse will allow you to experiment with all types of fruits and vegetables that don’t usually grow in your area.
The contained space allows you to control several aspects that determine what you can grow. These include things like:
So with a controlled environment, you can optimize the conditions to grow a wider selection of exotic plants – regardless of where in the world you live. As long as you plan ahead and set up your space for the types of plants you want to grow, the sky is truly the limit.
4. Protect Your Garden From Pests
Have you ever gone outside to harvest the delicious crops you’ve been nurturing for months – only to discover that animals or insects beat you to it?
The threat of squirrels, birds, deer and other pests can be a significant issue for outdoor growers. In fact, this is the primary source of frustration for many gardeners and a key reason why they begin using toxic pesticides in an effort to keep the pests at bay.
So instead of spending thousands of dollars on fencing, protection, and chemical sprays – why not opt for a more sustainable solution?
A quality backyard greenhouse is one of the best tools at your disposal to keep hungry animals and pesky insects far away from your garden. This way, all of your hard work doesn’t have to go to waste.
5. Enjoy Healthier Plants And a Higher Yield
If it wasn’t clear already, the stable and secure atmosphere of a greenhouse keeps your plants healthier and allows them to frequently produce a higher yield.
Without the stress of fluctuating temperatures, temperamental weather, and a myriad of other outdoor challenges – your plants are given an opportunity to really flourish.
What does this mean for you?
Countless greenhouse owners have reported that their plants will:
- Grow much faster than outdoors
- Produce a higher overall yield
- Appear stronger, taller, and healthier
- Produce larger (& better-tasting) fruit
So why settle for sparse crops riddled with disease and damage? With a premium greenhouse, you’ll find that the work you put in brings you exponentially better results.
Discover The World of Greenhouse Gardening
Our dedicated customer service team is available 7-days a week to offer further explanations and guide you through the process of choosing the best greenhouse for your needs.
Don’t need any more convincing? Start by exploring our handpicked selection of backyard greenhouses today.
Why Nova Greenhouses?
- We handpick high-quality greenhouses from the best brands in the world.
- Our team works hard to find extraordinary backyard greenhouses at reasonable price points.
- We exclusively source premium products made from the finest materials.
- Our team tests every greenhouse to guarantee strength & durability.
- We have a vast shipping network that reaches every corner of Canada & the USA.
- Our top-rated customer care team is available 7-days a week to answer any questions.